HOLLYWOOD SPORTSBOOK HOLDINGS PROPRIETARY LIMITED
CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice applies to all customers of the Hollywood Sportsbook Group of Companies, as well as other bookmaking operations which Hollywoodbets manages on behalf of other licensees (‘Hollywoodbets’). You can find a list of the companies below.
This privacy notice explains how we collect, use, and protect your personal information.
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically but we will inform you when we do.
If you have any questions about this notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note all customer and account queries should be directed to email@example.com
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND GENERATE
We collect the personal information we need to register you as a customer and to communicate with you.
- contact information (e.g. title, name, address, email address, mobile number)
- identity document
- proof of address
- source of income
- banking details
- photographs and other visual images
We generate information about you in the form of:
- betting records
- records of payments and withdrawals
- customer profiles
2. WHEN AND WHY WE COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your personal information to meet our contractual obligations with you. We collect and use your personal information to
- let you register an account with us.
- process your bet when you submit a betting transaction offer.
- notify you of the outcome of your bet.
- process a payment you made or request a withdrawal from your account.
- reply when you contact us for support.
- investigate and resolve your query, complaint or request.
- administer a promotional competition you may have entered and deliver your prize if you win.
In some instances, we process your personal information because it is in our or your legitimate interest to do so. For example:
- We may monitor our premises with CCTV cameras to ensure your and our safety.
We are legally required to collect and process certain information, including
- to identify and validate our customers and to investigate suspected fraudulent activity as required by the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, (FICA) 2001.
- to report suspicious activity on your account to the relevant authorities.
- to report to other governmental agencies, for example the South African Revenue Service.
When you register an account at Hollywoodbets you can choose if you want to receive promotional material from us. We may send you information about our services, products and promotional activities via the communication channels you selected. You can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe link or by contacting us.
3. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
You have to be 18 years or older to make use of our services. When you register for an account we will ask you to confirm that you are 18 or older.
We do not knowingly collect the personal information of persons under 18 years of age.
4. WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHERS WE TRUST
We only use service providers we trust and who have agreed to keep your personal information secure and confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which we shared it with them.
We use service providers to help us
- communicate with you
- verify your identity
- verify your address
- monitor the effectiveness of our services
- store information
- manage our business, for instance accountants and professional advisors
- provide IT services and infrastructure
Some of the service providers that we use may be located in other countries. These countries may not have the same levels of protection of personal information as South Africa, in which case the foreign service providers must undertake to protect the personal information of our customers to the same level that we do.
We provide for appropriate safeguards by means of contracts between us and our foreign service providers.
Sometimes the law requires that we share your information, for example, the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, (FICA) 2001.
5. WE TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information against loss, interference, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse. These steps include password protection for electronic files, securing paper files and physical access restrictions. We will continuously review our security controls and processes to ensure that security risks are identified and addressed.
If something should happen, we have taken steps to minimise the threat to your privacy and we will let you know if your personal information has been compromised. We will also let you know how you can help minimise the impact of a breach.
6. WE DO NOT KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION LONGER THAN WE NEED TO
We will not keep your personal information longer than we need to unless we are legally required to. We take legal requirements, contractual obligations and the expectations and requirements of our customers into account when we determine how long we should retain information. When we no longer need your personal information we will securely delete or destroy it.
7. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to
- ask us what we know about you;
- ask what personal information was sent to our service providers or any other third party;
- ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you;
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you; and
- object to the processing of your personal information.
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you or correct your personal information by contacting our deputy information officer at:
It can take us up to 21 days to respond to your request because there are procedures that we need to follow. In certain cases, we may require proof of your identity and sometimes changes to your personal information may be subject to additional requirements such as valid proof of residence.
LIST OF GROUP COMPANIES
This customer privacy notice incorporates Hollywood Sportsbook Holdings (Pty) Ltd (“Hollywood”) and the following related entities in which Hollywood has a direct or indirect interest:
Hollywood Sportsbook Gauteng (Pty) Ltd
Hollywood Sportsbook KwaZulu-Natal (Pty) Ltd
Hollywood Sportsbook Western Cape (Pty) Ltd
Hollywood Sportsbook Eastern Cape (Pty) Ltd
Hollywood Sportsbook Limpopo (Pty) Ltd
Hollywood Sportsbook Mpumalanga (Pty) Ltd
Hollywood Sportsbook Free State (Pty) Ltd
Hollywood Sportsbook Northern Cape (Pty) Ltd
Hollywood Sportsbook North West (Pty) Ltd
Krugerbets (Pty) Ltd
Nemacron (Pty) Ltd
MHS Betting Mirror (Pty) Ltd
Ngunezi Racing and Sport (Pty) Ltd
Keith McLean trading as Newcastle Tattersalls
C Legassick t/a Powabet
Albert Noel trading as Noel’s Surebet
DS Singh trading as Allandale Pub and Punter
DS Singh trading as Dukwah’s TAB Agency
Track and Ball Pietermaritzburg